Yenching Academy Scholarship 2024 in China invites graduates from all around the globe to continue their master’s degree program on a fully-funded scholarship program. The students who demonstrate excellent academic, as well as and extracurricular records, are highly welcomed in this Chinese scholarship for masters. Importantly the best scholarship for national and international students does not have any restrictions on prior courses of study. Yenching Academy of Peking University grant allows every student who has a deep-rooted interest in China’s interdisciplinary studies – to try his/her luck.
Through the Yenching Scholarship 2024, almost 120 students get enrolled in Yenching Academy. The students are selected for this top scholarship in Asia from the Chinese Mainland and abroad. The Peking University scholarship allows students from every nook and corner of the world to study in China for free. This is evident from the fact that 80% of Yenching Academy students are international students. Among them, almost 30-35% of students belong to Europe, 25-30% of students are from U.S. and Canada, and 30-35% of students come from the rest of the world. So the Yenching fellowship provides a chance for the students to diversify their vision by interacting with students of multiple nationalities.
The Yenching Academy of Peking University fellowship gives the scholar an opportunity to gain detailed insight into Chinese study and culture. In addition, the Yenching scholars have a choice to select the area of research according to their own interests. However, Yenching Academy offers six different areas of research to make it easy for scholars to choose from them. These areas of research include economics and management, history and archeology, philosophy and religion, politics and international relations, law and society, and literature and culture. The fully-funded master’s scholarship program at Yenching Academy facilitates all the fellows with an advisor for their thesis. Resultantly, the scholars get excellence in the studies related to China.
For many reasons, the Yenching Academy is the best study destination for national and international students. Besides the fully-funded grant for the young fellows, the Academy offers its fellows career advising services to take part in internships and volunteer work in their second academic year. That is why the Yenching graduates are always seen in esteemed institutes like Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard, Yale, Duke University of Chicago, Georgetown University, Peking University, and more. Furthermore, the graduates are also seen in the world’s top-class organizations or in public-private sectors as employees in key positions. The young alumni are employed by UNESCO, UNDP, the European Commission, the British Embassy in Beijing, the Clingendael Netherlands Institute of International Relations, Google, Huwai, Xiaomi, Panasonic, HNA Group, Bank of Korea, Chinese Ministry of Commerce, Singapore Police Force, Administrative Court of Switzerland, or name of any place of the world.
Yenching Academy Scholarship in China 2024:
- Yenching Academy
- Master’s Degree Program
- The duration of the Yenching Academy China Scholarship is 2 years.
• Economics and Management
• History and Archaeology
• Philosophy and Religion
• Politics and International Relations
• Law and Society
• Literature and Culture
Yenching Academy Scholarship 2024:
- The fellowship covers the full tuition fee.
- The fellows will be given accommodation at the Yenching Academy. They will be given a two-bed suite and which will have a common bathroom shared by two persons of the same gender.
- The fellow will receive medical insurance.
- A monthly stipend will be given.
- One round-trip travel allowance will be given.
- Note: The benefits are for the first year. In order to continue the benefits, the fellows have to maintain their good academic standing.
Eligibility Criteria of Yenching Academy Scholarship 2024:
- The candidates must have a minimum bachelor’s degree or be currently enrolled in a degree program.
- The applicant must be between 23 to 28 years of age.
- The student’s graduation must be completed by 31st August 2024.
- The student must have an excellent academic record.
- The applicant must be proficient in English and must be certified proof.
- The candidate must be able to live in Beijing during their master’s course.
- The students from Mainland China must be able to stay in Beijing for whole two years. However, international students can go back and continue these from their homes with the permission of their advisors.
- The TOEFL and IELTS results that are before September 1, 2020, will not be accepted.
- Yenching Academy does not accept TOEFL MyBest Scores and TOEFL IBT Special Home Edition.
- There is no compulsion for Chinese language Knowledge, As international students receive Chinese Language Courses on a mandatory basis.
- Both males and females can apply.
How to Apply for the Yenching Academy Peking Scholarship 2024?
- The candidates have to apply through the admission portal.
- The candidates have to create an account on the portal.
- The Yenching Academy of Peking University only accepts English Proficiency Certificates that are sent to the academy directly by the organization. So, the candidates must choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of the scorecards.
- Make sure to provide all the relevant documents and personal details appropriately.
Required Documents for Yenching Academy Master’s Scholarship in China:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcript
- Diploma or Certificate of Enrollment;
- Letter of recommendation (two)
- English Proficiency Test Certificate.
Yenching Academy Fellowship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for scholarships in China is December 3, 2023.