An amazing and oldest opportunity for young students has been announced by the Royal Commonwealth Society. The opportunity is none other than the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022. In this Commonwealth Essay Competition, thousands of young students from different schools participated. The program is to uplift the youth and to give them the confidence to raise their voices through their writing and to participate in making this world a better place.
The international essay writing competition has started back in 1883. Every essay contest is based on a theme which is followed by the students of all the 52 Commonwealth countries. Generally, the theme of the essay depicts the core values of democracy and equality. The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022 will ask entrants to explore the positive impact that can be achieved through dedication and selfless commitment to our Commonwealth.
The participants for this international writing contest 2022 from Commonwealth countries are divided into two categories; Senior Category and Junior Category. The Commonwealth student from the age of 14-18 comes in the Senior Category. Similarly, the student below the age of 14 years comes in the Junior Category. However, each category has a different topic for the essay accordingly. Further, each category has its own winner and a runner-up. The topics of the Commonwealth Essay Competition are illustrated in the following paragraphs in detail.
The QCEC 2022 along with its distinctive quality to uplift the youth in the writing arena, has a wonderful opportunity for school students to visit London for a week of education and cultural events. For young students, this essay competition is something they should be wholeheartedly striving for. It will enhance their writing skills and will give them the opportunity to broaden their vision while interacting with other international students. In addition to the fully-funded visit to London, the winners will be receiving Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals and all the entrants will also receive the certificate of participation.
Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022:
- United Kingdom
- Royal Commonwealth Society
Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition Awards:
- One Week fully-funded trip to London for education and cultural events.
- Glod, Silver, and Bronze Medals
- Certificate of Participation.
Eligibility Criteria of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competiton:
- In this essay writing competition, entrants are divided into two categories.
- Senior Category: Born between 1 July 2003 and 30 June 2008 (14-18 years)
- Junior Category: Born on or after 1 July 2008 (Under 14 years of age)
- The residents or nationals of all Commonwealth counties and territories can apply.
- Residents of Ireland, Hong Kong, and Zimbabwe can apply.
- In the case of participants from non-commonwealth countries, their entries must be submitted through their Local Royal Commonwealth Society Branch.
Requirements of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2022:
- The entries must be submitted in the English language. the essays from any other language will not be accepted.
- The maximum word count for Senior Category is 1500 words and for Junior Category the maximum word limit is 750 words. Exceeding the words will result in disqualification.
- The word limit applies to every format of writing e.g. essay, poem, letter, etc.
- Reference and footnotes are excluded from the word count.
- The uploaded essay of entrants should not include the personal details of the participants. Personal details will be given exclusively during the application process.
- The topics must be selected accordingly to the topics given in the Senior and Junior categories.
- No plagiarism will be entertained and plagiarised entries will automatically be rejected.
Topics of the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Writing Competition 2022:
Following are the topics of the essay writing competition 2022.
For Senior Category:
- Imagine you are a Head of Government delivering a speech to your counterparts at the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in Rwanda. Write a speech that highlights what you believe should be a priority for collective action within the Commonwealth.
- Committed to the Commonwealth.
- Her Majesty The Queen was born in the twentieth century, a period that saw enormous social change driven by visionary and committed leaders. Reflect on an inspirational leader from this period.
- “Whilst experiences of the last year have been different across the Commonwealth, stirring examples of courage, commitment and selfless dedication to duty have been demonstrated in every Commonwealth nation and territory, notably by those working on the frontline who have been delivering healthcare and other public services in their communities.” – Her Majesty The Queen, Commonwealth Day Message 2021. Imagine you are working on the frontline. Write about your experience, explaining why you serve your community and why your service matters.
For Junior Category
- Imagine you are a grandparent in 2022. Tell your grandchildren a bedtime story about an inspirational person.
- What are the best ways for young people to serve the Commonwealth in your view?
- Our Commonwealth community.
- Write a job description for a superhero needed to solve a problem in your community.
Once the entry is submitted, the entrants have to submit the following details on [email protected]
- Full name and complete identification number
- School name.
- If the submission is not a group submission, then give the details of submitting an adult. Complete details of a curricular stage of the entrant.
Closing date of the essay competition 2022:
- 30 June 2022
Good luck to all the entrants as they have only one chance to submit their essay per entry. So, before submitting their entries all the participants of this international Commonwealth writing contest are advised to recheck their writing to avoid any mistakes.