The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is now accepting applications for GSK Scholarships 2019-2020 for Future Leaders in United Kingdom. These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a public research university on Keppel Street, Bloomsbury, Camden, the constituent college of the University of London that specialises in public health and tropical medicine. On successful completion of their studies, its students gain a University of London degree.
GSK Scholarships 2019-2020 Details:
- United Kingdom
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Master/MSc Degree Program
Each scholarship will cover
- Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,950.00.
Popular International Scholarships 2019:
- Swedish Institute Scholarships 2019-2020
- Skoll Scholarship 2019-2020 in UK
- Queen Elizabeth Scholarship 2019 – Fully Funded
- Azerbaijan International Scholarships 2019 – Full Scholarship
- 2019 Chinese Government Scholarship
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the Supplementary Questions Form with tick-box checked; and
- meet the School’s minimum English language requirements; and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- hold an offer of admission for 2019-20 for one of the School’s 18 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
How to Apply for GSK Scholarships 2019-2020?
Step 1: Submit an application for 2019-20 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via the School’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline. (Where possible, we would encourage applicants to submit a complete application for study as far in advance of the scholarship deadline as possible, to allow for timely processing.)
Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu by the scholarship deadline. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
If you have any queries about the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadline, please contact our Scholarships team: [email protected]
If you encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the online scholarships application form, in the first instance please try clearing your browser cache and ensure that you are using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. If this does not fix your technical issue, please contact the School’s IT Services team, providing your full name; the scholarship that you are applying for; and the technical issue that you have encountered. Please also attach a screen shot where possible. [email protected].uk.
- Applicants who have already submitted a completed 2019-20 London-based MSc application and/or have been made an Offer of Admission should apply for the scholarship by completing the scholarship application (Step 2 above) and submitting this by the scholarship deadline.
- Each applicant should submit only one application for GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders for 2019-20. We would therefore encourage applicants to check carefully their online application and attachment before submission, as the first application submitted will be the one considered and there will be no opportunity to upload the Supplementary Questions Form after submission.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. Incomplete applications include those with missing supplementary documentation at either/both Steps 1 and 2 above. Both the application to study and the scholarship application must be complete by the scholarship deadline.
- These scholarships are open to applicants for any of the 18 non-distance learning Masters programmes offered by the School (including our joint programmes: MSc Global Mental Health; MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing; MSc One Health; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology).
Please note that for the following programmes you will be directed to the joint provider to complete your application to study as the School does not administer the admissions for these courses: MSc Global Mental Health; MSc One Health; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology.
- By applying for this funding applicants agree to its Terms & Conditions.
- The GSK ScholarshipS deadline is midnight (GMT) on Wednesday 13 February 2019.