Singapore International Graduate Award 2023-2024 is a merit-based award for all international students who have extraordinary academic records. SINGA program 2023-24 attracts the outstanding minds of the world to continue their PhD in the best institutions in Singapore. All the graduates can pursue their PhD in the field of science and technology under this international fully-funded scholarship opportunity in one of the world’s most academically advanced countries. This international graduate award is a full-time research scholarship in which the fellows will be monitored by top-class supervisors and peers which helps the fellows to gain excellence in their respective research work and fields.
SINGA aims at inviting students from diverse backgrounds and it also helps Singapore in becoming a talent hub. SINGA serves as a linkage between the bright minds of the world and Singapore. Students from around the globe get a chance to pursue their doctoral studies in the universities like Nanyang Technological University, the National University of Singapore, Singapore Management University, and the Singapore University of Technology. This is because Singapore International Graduate Award is a collaboration of these universities and the Agency for Science. So, the candidates who have a strong interest in doing research leading to PhD in science and Engineering are warmly welcomed for this award.
The Singapore Government Scholarship 2023-24 fellows will be continuing their research in the artistic and advanced labs of A*STAR Research Institutes in Singapore. Moreover, they will learn to co-exist in a multicultural and diverse environment while studying with students and mentors of multiple nationalities. Besides all these academic benefits, the fellows will be getting some real-life experience of how the smallest country can be made economically and socially rich and empowered. The stay of the fellows under this PhD scholarship program for four years allows them to explore the country from every aspect either economic, educational, cultural, social, or political. They will get an insight that how Singapore has become a gateway to some of the emerging economies in the Asia Pacific region. Thus, this international PhD award of Singapore provides international fellows with plenty of useful experience that they can use as a tool for change in their native countries.
This fully-funded doctoral scholarship in Singapore is a unique program because it offers PhD program directly after the completion of the bachelor’s program. Moreover, there is no compulsion that the students who have completed their master can not apply, instead, the SINGA opportunity also allows the students who have completed their master’s to continue their PhD with the exemption of some courses which the students who completed their bachelor have to study for the completion of their PhD. So, international scholarship in Singapore provides every ease to the aspirants to apply for SINGA to fulfill its dream of connecting talents from all over the world and inspiring collaborations. The evidence of the SINGA’s mission of collaboration can be seen in the fact that the SINGA fellows will receive their degree completion certificates from one of these collaborative universities i.e. NTU, NUS, SUTD, and SMU.
Singapore International Graduate Award 2023-2024 (SINGA):
- A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
- The scholarship is offered by the Agency for Science, Technology, Research, Singapore.
- 4 Years.
Benefits of SINGA Award 2023-2024:
- SINGA covers the full tuition fees of the awardees.
- The fellows will get a monthly stipend of S$ 2,000.
- The monthly stipend will be increased to S$ 2500 after qualifying for the first examination.
- The fellow will receive a one-time airfare grant of up to S$ 1500.
- The fellows will receive a one-time settlement grant of S$ 1000.
- The settling-in allowance will be provided for up to S$ 1,000.
Check Ireland Government Scholarship 2023-24
Eligibility Criteria of Singapore International Graduate Award 2023:
- The applicants must be international students.
- The applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants must have excellent academic results.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
- SINGA needs no specific certificate for English Language Proficiency as it can be assessed during the interview. However, English Language Certificate can be a requirement of the individual university.
- Singaporean nationals or candidates who already have completed tertiary education in Singapore can not apply.
- The applicants who wish to apply for the master’s program are not eligible.
- Only the candidates who want to pursue their Ph.D. in science and engineering are eligible.
- PhD courses for social sciences, humanities, economics, etc are not eligible.
Interested to study in Australia on scholarship? Here is the list of Top 5 Scholarships in Australia – Fully Funded
How to Apply for Singapore International Graduate Award 2023?
- The candidates have to submit all the necessary documents online.
- The candidates have to select the research projects by browsing the projects from “Go to Research Areas”.
- The referees have to send the reference letters directly to SINGA.
- The application process will start once at least two reference letters will be received by SINGA.
- Soft copies of the required documents must be uploaded to the online application.
- Applicants who are applying through the SINGA portal are not required to apply on university portals separately.
- Try to submit your application at least two weeks before the deadline because once the application is submitted your referees relieve an email and they are 7 days to complete and send the reference letters.
- The candidates have to elaborate their research proposals in the application forms.
- The candidate can submit more than one or up to 3 research proposals.
- There is no need to contact the supervisor in order to apply for SINGA.
- The candidates can apply in any field of interest for PhD and there is no compulsion to follow the major in bachelor.
Check the list of scholarships in Canada for International Students
Required Documents for Singapore International Graduate Award:
- A copy of a valid passport.
- A recent passport-size photo in JPG or PNG format.
- All academic transcripts are translated into the English language.
- 2 recommendation letters will be submitted by the referees online.
- English proficiency certificate (if required by the university).
- The application deadline for the SINGA research scholarship in Singapore is 1 June 2023.