Facebook is now accepting applications for Facebook Artificial Intelligence Residency Program 2019. The Facebook Residency Program is a one-year research training position designed to give you hands-on experience with machine learning research while working in Facebook AI groups. The selected candidates will be placed in Facebook Melon Park and New York.
The AI Residency experience is designed to prepare you for graduate programs in machine learning or to kickstart a career in the field. This is a full-time program that cannot be undertaken in conjunction with university study or a full-time job.
The program will pair you with an AI Researcher and Engineer who will both guide your project. As a team, you will pick a research problem of mutual interest and then devise new deep learning techniques to solve it. We also encourage collaborations beyond the assigned mentors. The research will be communicated to the academic community by submitting papers to top academic venues (for example: NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ACL, EMNLP etc.), as well as open-source code releases.
We encourage applications from people who have a strong technical background and are passionate about AI research. Prior experience in machine learning is certainly a strength, but we seek people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including areas ostensibly unrelated to machine learning such as (but not limited to) math, physics, finance, economics, linguistics, computational social science, and bioinformatics.
- United States of America
- 1 Year
- Learn how to perform research in deep learning and AI.
- Understand prior work and existing literature.
- Work with research mentor(s) to identify problem(s) of interest and develop novel AI techniques.
- Translate ideas into practical code (in frameworks such as PyTorch, Caffe 2).
- Write up research results in the form of an academic paper and submit to a top conference in the relevant area.
- Coding experience in a programming language, such as Python or C/C++.
- Knowledge in learning platforms such as PyTorch, Caffe, Theano, or TensorFlow.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Bachelors degree in a STEM field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Completed coursework in: Linear Algebra, Probability, Calculus, or equivalent.
- Research experience in machine learning or AI (as established for instance via publications and/or code releases).
- Significant contributions to open-source projects, demonstrating strong math, engineering, statistics, or machine learning skills.
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
You might be interest in these international opportunities:
- CERN International Internships 2019 in Switzerland
- ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship
- 2019 Summer Internships in Japan
How to Apply for Facebook Artificial Intelligence (AI) Residency Program 2019?
Click on APPLY NOW button to proceed to online application form. Application form is very easy to fill. Fill the online application carefully and submit it as soon as possible.
- The last date to apply for Facebook Artificial Intelligence (AI) Residency Program is January 28, 2019 at 5:00 pm PST.