Community Engagement Exchange Program 2022-2023 is a program to enhance cooperation and promote peace among nations by supporting civil society leaders in building healthy and participatory communities in over 100 countries. The US exchange program is designed to harness the full potential of emerging and influential leaders by providing them opportunities to build networks and everlasting relationships. The cultural exchange program in the USA is of paramount importance when it comes to the address of some key participatory factors in the growth and progress of a society. These key factors are none other than women and gender equality, participatory government, sustainable development, youth participation, and resilience. The young leaders collaborate with each other and develop a diverse and multi-disciplinary global civil society ecosystem.
The Community Exchange Program is an initiative of the U.S. Government and is being supported and implemented by IREX. The International Research and Exchange Board (IREX) is a globally known non-profit organization for its extraordinary exchange program opportunities related to education and development. Since its establishment in 1968 by the American Council of Learned Societies, IREX is not lagging behind in scholarly exchanges. In fact, earlier IREX conducted these exchanges between the U.S. and Soviet Union. Later, with the fall of the Iron Curtain, the IREX contribution expanded to supporting democratic reforms. Now, IREX looks into the programs related to education, internet access, journalists’ support, training to media organizations, and many more.
The purpose of this young leaders exchange program is to buildability among the participants to ponder upon the issues of the public concern and come up with implementable solutions. Moreover, the fully-funded leadership program focuses on the capacity building of next-generation leaders and decision-makers by providing them chances to participate as great leaders and assume roles and responsibilities. Furthermore, the participants are equipped with the knowledge, experiences, skills, and necessary democratic norms that are an essential component for an influential leader or personality. The CEE program is no doubt one of the best leadership exchange programs as it develops a diverse global network through which the participants are always able to interact with others and share ideas and can get different opinions and advice.
The Community Engagement Exchange Program provides a transformational leadership development experience from year-long program activities. These program activities include a three-month U.S.-based practicum, participation in the Leadership and Civic Engagement Academy, community engagement projects, and continuing global and local networking. Throughout this year-long U.S.-funded program, the fellows focus on one of the five main themes of the 2022-2023 CEE program. These themes include; civic dialogue and peacebuilding, governance, equality, resilience and sustainable development, youth engagement, etc. In this program, the fellows focus on participatory roles, volunteer opportunities, inclusive and innovative developmental models, and methods to engage communities to address climate change, community-based agriculture, and entrepreneurship. So, the program is not be missed opportunity for a lot of reasons.
Community Engagement Exchange Program in the USA:
- United States of America
- The International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX)
- A year-long cultural exchange program
Eligible Countries for CEE Program by Region:
Africa: Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
East Asia and the Pacific: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
Europe and Eurasia: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine
The Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Palestinian Territories
South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Uruguay
Benefits of Community Engagement Exchange Program in the USA:
- The program covers the J-1 support for the participants.
- The participants will be provided the monthly stipend to cover the living expenses, meals, and house expenses.
- The participants will be given a tound trip travel grant from their home country to the USA.
- The medical insurance of the participants will be covered.
Eligibility Criteria of Community Engagement Exchange Program 2022:
- The candidates must be citizens of the above-mentioned countries.
- The candidates must be living and working in their home countries.
- The candidate must be aged between 21-28 years.
- The candidate must have a minimum of two years of professional or volunteer experience at the time of applying.
- If you are with refugee status, you will be working on the behalf of your home community.
- The candidate must be proficient in the English Language.
- The candidate must be able to stay in the U.S. for three months.
- The candidates must be committed to returning to their communities and to serving their home countries for at least two years.
- The candidates who have already participated in the U.S.-funded exchange program must have already fulfilled their two years home residency requirement.
- The candidate must not be a permanent resident of the U.S. for the last three years.
- The candidate must not be employed in IREX or any immediate family member of IREX employee.
How to Apply for the Community Engagement Exchange Program?
- The applicants have to apply through the Community Engagement Exchange Online Application.
- Provide all the required documents and details accurately.
- Make sure to apply before the closing date.
- The semi-finalists have to provide English Proficiency Reports (IELTS, TOEFL, etc.)
- The application deadline for the Community Engagement Exchange Program in the USA 2022 is January 14, 2022, at 11:59 pm EST.